Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

This is at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Chicago. It is a photo that I took as part of a major project documenting American memorials to interrogate and understand American public memory. (I am a historian, after all.) This isn't the best photo on the roll (by far), or even the best of that sequence of frames. I was shooting the memorial from a number of angles before taking some more carefully composed shots. As I was framing this shot, a man in his 70s walked down the stairs to the right, stopped in front of the names from 1967, placed a piece of paper on top of the plaque (you can just make it out), and stood there quietly looking at the name for a few minutes. Then, he turned and exited up the stairs to the left. I went down and looked at the note. It was a photocopy of the obituary of a young man from the Chicago area who was killed in action in September 1967. The man had been gazing at his name on the wall. Its not a great photo. But it's a great photo. You know what I mean?

It's Ilford Delta 400 at box speed, Minolta X-700 with a 50mm Minolta MD Rokkor 1:1.4. I think this is at f16, 1/125. Ilford DD-X, Canon Canoscan 9000F II.

chicago_memorial.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if I will ever get as heavily into film as I used to.
I have some 8 albums of pictures of aircraft, cars, motorcycle races etc. And hundreds that didn't make an album. A few dozen rolls that never got processed. And would have to mail off to get processed because it isn't going to happen at home. But I still love my AE-1 and EOS650.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Got three rolls from the summer back last week, all of them Kodak Elite Chrome 100 shot with different cameras.

1) double exposure of me & my girlfriend (Konica Autoreflex T4)
img010.jpg

2) Whiteshell Park, Manitoba—pretty boring shot, but I love the colours. (Canon AE-1)
img049.jpg

3) underside shot of an umbrella canopy art installation some friends and I did for a music festival (Pentax K1000, camera set at 200 ISO and cross-processed)
img056.jpg

Test drive - Canon EF, FD 50mm f/1.4 S.C.C., Fujifilm Superia Xtra 400. Aperture is obviously wide - maybe f/2. I adjusted the WB on the scan because of the overhead fluorescents.

My window at work. The sign is what I do; the brick is from the old 9-1-1 center, where I worked for about 15 years.

Hey nice to see you on here Gary. Cool photo, that's an interesting view/perspective. I haven't heard about Ferrania lately and didn't realize they were in production, I'll have to try some.

Hey nice to see you on here Gary. Cool photo, that's an interesting view/perspective. I haven't heard about Ferrania lately and didn't realize they were in production, I'll have to try some.
I paid into their Kickstart for the slide film they are trying to make this is a by product

I paid into their Kickstart for the slide film they are trying to make this is a by product
Hi Gary ! How are you ?
I think, we need more of this "byproduct" ! :1219:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back