Post your favorite shot from your most recent roll

Nikon F, 35F2D, TriX

Maddywind.jpg

For some reason it seems your film stuff is better than your digital.

I think you are seeing the love to create. There is something about an all mechanical camera, no meter, slow shooting style that appeals to me. I love the sounds, the view, it's imperfections, grain structure. I think I just go after it differently. With digital, it is so easy to ripp them off with no thought. I am working hard at mirroring the procedure but something about the feel of an F is just glorious.

Nikon F, 35mm F2D, Ultrafine Extreme 400, Ilfosol 3, Rapid Fixer. First time using this film, I like it. It is cheap, dries perfectly flat, and has a nice thick base like HP5. First frame on roll of 24. I shot two short rolls of TriX and started a third roll in this shoot with this stuff. I would like to try a different developer for it, not sure yet but scouting it out. It doesn't look much different than TriX, maybe slightly more tonal range, grain structure is good, maybe calm it down a little with a different developer. I love grain so it doesn't bother me at all, just wondering if I could tighten it up with a different developer. Bummer on the shoulder, that snuck up on me last second but I can take care of that on the print with a little burn. The wife wants a print of that, add it to the list.

Maddy in a tree
MaddyTreeUX400.jpg

A big thanks goes out to jcdeboever for all his help. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to post my current photos

Calumet Cambo
10" Kodak Commercial Ektar
Kodak Tmax 400
f/6.3 @ 1/15th

Last edited:
A big thanks goes out to jcdeboever for all his help. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to post my current photos

Calumet Cambo
Kodak Tmax 400
f/6.3 @ 1/15th

I think I may need to re-calibrate my monitor though. Does this look too middle grey to anyone else?

looks good on my phone.

Last edited:
Minolta Maxxum 7000
Lomography Lady Grey 400

I like the look of that film. Have you tried the Ultrafine Extreme X 400? it looks a lot like that.

Calumet Cambo
Kodak Tmax 400
f/6.3 @ 1/15th

Man, you are talented.

This is the fountain at Holker Hall South Lakes Cumbria UK
No adjustments, taken on vista 200 with a Pentax KX with SMC-M 40-80 zoom set to 80mm

Attachments

• fountain.jpg
    fountain.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 96

Most reactions

New Topics

Back