Powerpoints - zap zap!

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking this afternoon about how I should be able to find interesting photographs in some of the most mundane things. Well maybe not "should be able to", but more so, "wouldn't it be nice if I could". So I was lying on my floor with no furniture in it - basically the most bland room you can think of (except for exciting new painted walls!!) and I saw the powerpoint and powerpack.

And well, here's what I came up with. I hope that you find them interesting too. They made me realise how much we take the little things, and big things like electricity, for granted.

3965-Powerpoint.jpg

3965-Powerpoint2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :hug::

Heh I like these Vicky, who'd have thought that power sockets could make for a good photo, but these both look very modernist and minimal, I particularly like the composition in the first. but they are both excellent shots of everyday things. I'm finding it quite hard to tell if they are black and white or colour, for some reason the walls to me look as if they have a kind of purplish hue which is why i'm having trouble working out if they are b&w or not.

Yeah i have the same problem too. Even though I know they're both black and white.

I took both of them using the in-camera black and white settings - but I also used a green filter because the wall is actually a greeny colour. Then with I played with the curves a little to bring out the contrast more (in-camera B&W sucks imho). Then I put a monochrome channel mixer onto both of them - so in theory they should be grey scale.

But I think the second one still has a bit of green in it near where the carpet meets the wall in the middle. It's really weird. :confused:

Thanks on the comment, I really appreciate it scurra. And I'm loving this minimalistic (or as I like to call it 'simplistic elegance') at the moment. Glad you liked em. :mrgreen:

that first one is really cool... kinda artsy-fartsy ..would like it framed in a poster kinda frame...... great idea meysha...

Thanks everyone.

But what's a poster kinda frame look like?

hey meysha,

its a huge glass that only has a small amount of black frame....its like 20x17 or something... but this would be a great shot in that... your so clever.

i really like that first one.. minimal and beautiful tones! well done :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back