Practice with a pretend family

Photosformyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taking your advice and practicing, practicing, practicing. So here it is, my first post for c & c. Had to coerce my brother and fiance into posing with my son. He wasn't thrilled, but they went along with it. Looking for what I could learn from this.

f/4, 1/125, iso 400, natural light only
-2147.jpg

and aperture of f/6 or f/7 and then adjust the iso and shutter speeds to an appropriate setting would create a deeper depth of field, eliminating the blur in the "mom" and the "dad"'s eyes

You do need to use a smaller aperture (bigger number) to make sure everyone is in focus. Also, what type of light did you use? I'm seeing one light camera left, and that's not a problem but if you were able to add a light in the back and separate them from the background it would be much better. That way her hair wouldn't fad so dramatically into the background.
This is minor and just a tip. Your head heights are almost perfect as far as the way they make a triangle but aren't level, so good job, but most (MOST) of the time you want the woman to be smaller than the man. This is not me being sexist, this is me knowing what my female customers have said ("Why am I bigger than him?!" "Am I really that much bigger than my husband") that sort of thing.

i think f4 was sufficiant, u used in available light...u did not involve much technology in it....it is a straight shot.
if bg was slight lighter, the better...i like the expressions.

Sorry, I can't read well obviously, is says right on the top "natural light only." haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back