Prescott National Forest

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found my way to Prescott, Az. after taking some photos of western Arizona's Route 66. After Seligman I was too enthused about the different type of scenery I was seeing to just go home, so I went south through the Verde Valley(?) to Prescott. I liked the name.

I did nothing for the next two days except drive around Prescott with nothing to do in particular except eat and NOT take pictures. I figured it was far away from my usual area of interest (Mojave Desert) and not related, a great place to relax. It was a great place to kick back and relax, but within a week after returning home I found that Prescott and Fort Whipple had played a very important part in the history of the Mojave Desert.

Regrets aside, I did have the need to take at least a few photos, so on the morning of the third day, before heading home, I took a little sunrise walk into the Prescott National Forest.

These are some of the first shots I ever took with nothing in mind other than taking pretty pictures. They were all taken with my olde-fashioned~ nikon 990 on all automatic--point and shoot.

780n5507w.jpg

780n5519w.jpg

400-n5539w.jpg

Thanks for looking.

These are some of the first shots I ever took with nothing in mind other than taking pretty pictures. They were all taken with my olde-fashioned~ nikon 990 on all automatic--point and shoot.

Its fun to take photos with selfish intentions, eh?

I'm glad you had fun, sir. I could see how photography could lose its fun factor when it becomes a requirement.

But, not to sound like a psychiatrist, I think what you did was better than not shooting at all. Instead of ignoring the photography, you came to an agreement or understanding with it, and had fun with your point and shoot. This, IMO is very cool, and I hope you take many more photos with the care-free attitude these were taken with. :)

Its fun to take photos with selfish intentions, eh?

I'm glad you had fun, sir. I could see how photography could lose its fun factor when it becomes a requirement.

But, not to sound like a psychiatrist, I think what you did was better than not shooting at all. Instead of ignoring the photography, you came to an agreement or understanding with it, and had fun with your point and shoot. This, IMO is very cool, and I hope you take many more photos with the care-free attitude these were taken with. :)

:)

That was pretty much the start of it.

I wouldn't do it if it weren't fun. The day this becomes I job is the day I stop shooting.

I liked the applications I was shooting for. The photography was secondary. This was when I first started exploring the possibility of shooting for the sake of expression.

I love that forest. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back