Prime Acting Strangely

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Dubious Drewski, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Dubious Drewski

Dubious Drewski TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey all, I'm trying to use a 50mm Ricoh lens on my (Brand Spanking new!)K10. When I attach it to the body, it flashes "F--" at me and it will not let me take a picture, no matter what mode I seem to put it on. (My 18-55 works fine, so it IS this lens)

I can't seem to find out in the manual what is happening here, can anyone here enlighten me?

2. adolan20

adolan20 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Change the aperture on the ring to the lowest (largest number) f/stop. I don't have a Pentax but I know my Nikon does this similar error, so maybe it'll work

3. Dubious Drewski

Dubious Drewski TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nope, that's not it, but thanks anyway. I found out from somebody in the amateur photographer forum:

"You have to go into the menu, under the 'C' listing, and enable 'using aperture ring'. The camera should then recognise that you are using a lens without an electrical contact for this function."

That did it. I'm posting it here just so everyone here knows how it's done also.

Adios!

4. adolan20

adolan20 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh I was close I guess, I know it was something with that. I forgot that lens didn't have the ability to set aperture through the body. Well, I'm glad you figured it out.