Print Size

Totally agree, that is why I am suggesting software that will make your photos have to be 'hacked' so when they don't look great, the hacker will understand why they don't. Better than making low quality copies to deter people from stealing since that would make the photographer look bad. How many people at this birthday party are hackers anyway?

Only for someone who doesn't know much about computers. If it's on your screen, then it's in your computer and you can take it.

True, but i'm guessing your average person that's going to try to print out tiny photos from the web isn't going to be the kind of person you're talking about. Someone that does know how, will most likely know that the image quality will suck and won't waste their time.

You already do. Assuming you are in the US, you own the copyright simply by creating the art. You need not file anything or mark the images copyrighted, though you certainly can if you so desire.

I meant watermark sorry :)

I notice you have a flickr link as your sig.. if that's the site you're talking about, you can set it up so that your photos can't be downloaded.

How do I do this? A;lthough they can still just right click and copy I guess :)

You could post a brief statement like:

"The proofs displayed here are compressed for web use, for quality prints please contact..."

This could discourage some people. A light watermark could also be used as well.

Alternatively you could avoid the internet all together and provide one set of physical proofs.

Alternatively you could avoid the internet all together and provide one set of physical proofs.
This way is fool proof. However, you then you put yourself at a disadvantage as a photography business, because compared to others you're not as 'convenient'. The customer doesn't care if it's because people are trying to rip you off.

:|

late reply, but better late than never eh?

How do I do this? A;lthough they can still just right click and copy I guess :)

Actually they won't be able to right click.. and if they try to drag the image to the desktop it takes an invisible spacer image instead..

you can learn how here
http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#85

Most reactions

New Topics

Back