Printing resolution dpi

?

The answer is no, but I am not clear what you really mean. If you had a room in your house that was 18 feet by 6 feet that would not be the same as a room that was 12 feet by 12 feet.

Not sure what you mean either.. just set to 300 DPI and what ratio print your trying to make. Also keep in mind print labs normally will slightly crop your picture. Check the margin they require

Because, Konica Minolta New Digital Printing machine specifications are shows 1800x600dpi. But KM production digital printing machines have 1200x1200dpi.

I know 1200x1200dpi print resolution is good. Is 1800x600 resolutions better than 600x600dpi (Kionica Minolta old models)?

Perhaps you can provide more details as to your problem?
Looks like you posted as I was writing

Last edited:
I assumed it was a basic print question :spank:. My bad
From my understating that 1800x600 would be more for a text document utilising the vertical DPI for clear text and the horizonal would be far less important compared to an image print. So if the file is an image (since your on a photo forum) the 1200x1200 would yield a higher quality image.
More details on what your trying to accomplish would be helpful

Because, Konica Minolta New Digital Printing machine specifications are shows 1800x600dpi. But KM production digital printing machines have 1200x1200dpi.

I know 1200x1200dpi print resolution is good. Is 1800x600 resolutions better than 600x600dpi (Kionica Minolta old models)?

This situation is common with both printers and scanners. They're giving you two values that are different -- one is a vertical value and the other is a horizontal value. They will be multiples of each other and so in this case 600 x 3 = 1800. The lower value will be a hard value = real resolution. The higher value isn't hard but it's not entirely soft either. Think of the printer head moving horizontally across the paper. The resolution is X. To maintain that same resolution in the next pass of the print head the printer would move the paper vertically X distance. X vertical + X horizontal = X resolution. But instead the paper is moved vertically 1/3 X. And so you get 3 passes of X horizontal resolution in one vertical X resolution. Does that make the "hard" resolution 3X? No, because the horizontal resolution is still X. But is this better than just X resolution? Yes. Software is operating to interpolate the data output in the three separate vertical passes. This is not as good as hard resolution but it's still an advantage. No matter how you slice and dice it and no matter how "well-educated" the guess is, interpolation is a fancy word for guess. So I'd rather have hard resolution if I can get it and 1200 X 1200 is better than 1800 X 600 but 1800 x 600 is better than 600 x 600.

Joe

For printing photo 1200x1200 dpi is quite low. A printer with resolution of 1200x1200 and with 4 inks can only print about 100 ppi.

For printing photo 1200x1200 dpi is quite low. A printer with resolution of 1200x1200 and with 4 inks can only print about 100 ppi.

It's not quite that bad -- more like 140 ppi and if it's a modern printer with software controlled stochastic screening it should make a respectable print.

Joe

Perhaps you can provide more details as to your problem?
Looks like you posted as I was writing

I am working in the organization saicreatives , but this is my personal question, i would like to buy a digital printer like konica minolta, so Konica Minolta New Digital Printing machine specifications are shows 1800x600dpi. But KM production digital printing machines have 1200x1200dpi.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back