Prob with Nikon d80!

splashfoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I took some pictures recently and found little soft black marks on the actual photo. I took a few more pictures to see if they still showed up and they do. I've uploaded a sample of what I'm talking about... http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8787/pic003it2.jpg (**Make sure to view it at the full 100%!**)
I bought a "poofer" thing to get all the little dust particles out of the camera but it's still showing up! Help!! What can I do!?!

i dont think these are scratches or is the sensor damaged in anyway, but you will have to clean the sensor, and if you have bought a poofer as you said you did and it didn't work, you may have to do what i did.............touch the sensor, now if you dont feel comfortable ypu may or should take it in to a pro, casue when i did it it took me a good 5 times to get it right and i was freaking for a few hours

Have you checked the lens itself? Those dots are rather out of focus. But the dust may also be tiny.

I'm worried about that scratch mark, it's probably a smudge, but I would be inclined to take it to a service centre and pay a bit of money for them to clean it. Other than that if the blower doesn't work you may actually need a sensor cleaner which comes in contact with the sensor.

In that picture you have either caught evidence of a UFO invasion or something might be trapped in the lens. I know I have that problem with my stock 18-55mm lens. There's this one tiny little speck that usually shows up in my photos. I checked the lens and what do you know, there's this little speck stuck on the inside of the lens.

yeah its dust, either clone them from your pics or clean the sensor with a proper cleaner, dont be touching it with anything other than a cleaning swab or artic butterfly brush or you'll end up with bigger problems as youngpic already found out. H

100% dust on your sensor, dont worry about it just clone them out considering none are too big. I bet with the blower bulb you used you actually got more dust on the sensor. DO NOT TOUCH IT! if you damage your sensor your camera is as good as broken. If you really cont stand them give it to a pro or get a sensor cleaning brush and be very careful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back