Production Photography

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Doing a 1 hour portrait session for a local production, photographing main characters in costume and a full cast shot on the stage as well as a couple of shots from the actual dress rehearsal. Getting paid £15 a hour and asking for 3 hours work including P&P.

I'll also be organising a stand outside where names can be left for a copy of the prints on CD. But...

What would you charge for the CD?

If anyone’s interest I'm using a 50mm f/1.4 70-200 mm f/2.8 and D700.

Just sell prints, man your stand with laptop and selection of framed prints, show pics to potential customers on lappy, take orders and cash, then post them out.

15 per hour is garbage, think commercial tog, £400 per 1/2 day, then process time + exes, this is the reason decent work has dried up, new digi togs undervaluing their time and work. H

Have some display prints out for show; it can help convince them to buy prints.

Of course, also offer the CD - $40+ per person. Your hourly fee is too low otherwise.

Okie dokie, its my first shoot and didn't want to mess it up. I'm doing some nice prints for a wall display so will leave a order form for people to sign up on.

Thanks for the help.

Leaving forms will get you zilch, you need to sell this stuff and the way to go is "be there, take cash, take orders"

This should have all been worked out beforehand.

I'm still shooting a movie, and I know exactly what I will be paid for my effort.

Most reactions

Back