Profesionnal liscences / certificates / memberships

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by bigtwinky, Apr 20, 2009.

1. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I think it is.

I'm curious as to what certifications, memberships and other associations are out there for photographers to join?
    I've been loving my photojournalism classes and assignments and wondering what would be out there to help me progress.

I first heard about IFPO (Internaltion Freelance Photographers Association IFPO HOME PAGE ) but after looking at their website and reading up about them, they seem more like a money making thing than an actual organisation. They print out a membership paper (some I can do at home with basic photoshop) and I assume the events I would be able to get into are those that are really not worth shooting.

I came upon the NPPA (National Press Photographers Association National Press Photographers Association ) which seems way more legit, but again, its still a pay for your card type of thing.

Any of you try any of these? Are you a member of some organisation? Do you find that being so has helped your business?

Thanks!

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the link Mike. :)
    Many of these sites are often US based, I haven't found one (until your link) that is Canadian.