Professional Printing Recommendations

Up until a couple years ago Mpix had a nice web page that covered alot of this stuff.
Seems there was a management shake up, some of their operations were moved, and Mpix hasn't been the same since.

yeah, that is why I suggested phoning.

Thanks for the discussions guys, I think I'm starting to get caught up to speed... starting to get a good impression of the current printing landscape of options.

So! I decided to print everything using my PIXMA 8120b, only because I had it and was curious how well it would print. I must say, I'm impressed... color wise, it is up to par... detail wise, it seems to vary from image to image but sometimes I am really impressed. I'm printing my entire set of 80 or so shots, it gets the task at hand done and provides a good baseline for experimenting with different systems as I reprint the 5-10 critical shots. I will try to send those off to a few places to help finalize my learnings, also will try to find some way to test a few of real Pro printers.

It does appear that home printing has gone a long way, I do need a dediated not-all-in-one printer for this going forward if I end up printing at home.

Most reactions

Back