Promaster strobe portable power?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, I have a Promaster 160A strobe ($25, don't hate me). I'll be buying a Flashpoint with portable power, and want to use the Promaster with it, mostly for automotive stuff. I was wondering... what's a good portable power source? I think it's AC only, if that helps. Thanks guys.

I use Innovatron gear; I have a couple of the previous generation of this pack which is nice since the batteries are user-replaceable and cheap to buy (they use fire/intrusion-alarm batteries), however the Paul C. Buff inverters are very popular and not at all hard on the wallet.

The Paul C. Buff that Tirediron mention are very popular, check them out they are called Vagabond Mini Lithium (VML)

They work well with AC powered strobes and can power more than one at time. Flashpoint does have some powered units but I believe they are proprietary and work with a limited amount of flashes. Since the VML just has standard AC plugs it works with a variety of equipment and is multi-purpose. Just doesn't work well with modeling lights from what I gather.

I appreciate the help, guys. Think I might just snag two of the flashpoints instead and keep this Promaster one indoors. I'm cheap, in case you've all noticed... :lol:

I got a Tronix Explorer XT SE I'll sell for $200 that needs new batteries. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. :D

Last edited:
That's mighty tempting, but I need to see how much batteries are... :lol: :O

Most reactions

Back