Proxar close up lens for my Rolleicord Vb

binglemybongle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I dont understand!

I recently bought a pair of Proxar +2 close up lenses from ebay for my Rolleicord Vb. They are in original worn leather case, excellent condition and even have the original paperwork with them.

I payed (including postage & packing) £2.48. This is why im not too bothered if i cant use them.

Mt problem is that the two lenses are different. The first is as i expected both to be, a Bayonet 1 fitting that attaches with a satisfying click to either viewing or taking lens.

The other is smaller and doesnt have a bayonet fitting at all. Just seems to slip on but theres no way it will fit either lens as its too small.

I thought i'd been ripped off but looking at the paperwork, it gives the two numbers that are on each lens and even the case is moulded so that it takes a big lens and a smaller one.

Am i being super dim here? Whats going on?!:grumpy:

I assumed that i would get two bayonet 1 fitting lenses.

Help me TPF... you're my only hope.

I know the Rolleicord Vb takes 'Bayonet I' fit lenses and one of them is. The problem is that the other isn't.

Like I say though, they come in and old case that is moulded to fit them and the paperwork has both numbers for the lenses. From this im guessing they are a set but I don't understand why one of them doesn't fit.

The 'Bayonet I' lens does fit perfectly. Slides in and clicks snuggly on both camera lenses. The other... well doesnt do anything. It isnt threaded, doesn't slide or clip on. Its also slightly smaller.

HELP!

I meant are you sure that lens set was made for that camera? There are probably cameras out there with a bayonet on the taking lens and something different on the viewing lens. It sounds like you need to look for a lens set that has two bayonet mounts.

Suppose so.

Its just that the amount of searching ive done shows that the Rolleicords and Rolleiflexes use Bayonet I and Bayonet II fittings for both lens and this seems to span over a good few years and models for both cameras.

I think the best idea is going to be just to get the same item again and discard the two lenses that i cant use.

Is it likely that two +2 close up lens, not manufactured at the same time will both be the same. As in have the same affect/magnification?

I've a suspicion that the non-bayonet lens is a Series V or a Series VI. It will then fit into a bay - Series adapter, which will also permit use of a lens hood of the same Series [V or VI.]

Series V optics have an OD of about 30.5mm. Series VI run about 41mm OD.

Hope this helps.

Actually, all you need is one lens. Mount the camera on your favorite tripod. Determine the number of crank rotations you need to raise the taking lens to the same height as the viewing lens was before cranking.

Focus and frame with the lens on the viewing lens. Transfer the lens. Crank. Expose.

You weren't thinking of hand-held, were you?

BMB, can you post a picture of the two lenses?

Hmm... It could be for an early Rolleiflex perhaps, one that does not have a bayonet mount for the viewing lens and will accept a push-in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back