Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Mae2.jpg

Mae1.jpg

IlsaMae4.jpg

IlsaMae3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

#1: Absolutely adorable, perfect capture. :)
#2: My least favorite, but I like the immediate focus on the feet.
#3: Aww, great expression. Hope you payed her(?) extra for that. ;) I like the bokeh!
#4: She looks like she's crying. :( Wonderful capture, I really love the colors.

#3 is my fave - great pov ... I would gladly hand over my steak dinner with a face like that looking up at me!

I'd love to know how you were able to capture such wonderful color, especially the grass. I have three dogs and I always take photos of them in my nice green yard, but the grass never comes out looking this green and natural. Even shooting RAW I can't seem to pull out that nice lush green color. Would you please be so kind as to share some insight? Are you using a custom white balance or something?

Well, I really don't have a secret. The key to that nice color is in the lighting! It was a very nice day today, so I brought her outside and under a tree in the shade, so I still had the bright daylight but not the harsh lighting that washes out color. I also did a slight contrast boost for some of these in PS, but not much.

#3 wins the prize! Great expression you captured there. I like all of them, but #3 is really good. I am kind of biased though because I love boxers, always wanted one. :)

Nice job!

NJ

Love them all. Everytime I see a post on here regarding dogs or puppies, I always think to myself, "hope it is a boxer." Imagine my surprise when I opened the thread and I saw the fawn wrinkles on the top of her head, and thought it has to be a boxer, when the rest of the photo loaded I was so excited!

Anyhow, in the future, wipe her eye boogies and nose snots away, my eye is drawn to them. Is she yours? She is so sweet...
(btw, I am biased too as I have a boxer and a boxer mix;))

Very nice! :) Just careful with your composition- watch the toes- dont cut them out!

What a fantastic series. #3 just melts my heart.

Thank you so much everyone! I'm really glad you like them. :)

It's actually my aunt's dog, her name is Ilsa Mae. We spent the whole day running around the yard with her. :)

We will definitely have to wipe away her tears next time! It was very warm and we had her all jazzed up. :greenpbl:

Thanks again for the comments! I'll conclude by sharing with you a not so happy cat. :)

Angry.jpg

What lens did you use on #3? About how far away were you? Did you make some sort of noise or something to get the dog to look at you? This is a very nice series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back