Putting photos in coffee shop - ideas?

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A local coffee shop has asked me to place the following picture on their walls. This picture is very 'town-ish' if that makes sense...the photo is from an event the whole town attends, and the building you see is very recognizable.

Questions:
  • black border or no?
  • words at bottom or no?
  • how do I mark my name on the picture, or do I?
  • is a title necessary or recommended?
  • what sizes should I print? I'm thinking 18x24 or possibly bigger...any ideas?
  • Price?
  • How many? once this one sells, do I post another? Or, is it best to just sell one, so that way it's "original"?
  • Ideas on tagging it for my name, contact, and price? (what type of card do you guys use, and how do you attach it?)
Thanks in advance!

boom.jpg

Hi Keith,

Although I'm not an expert at this, I'll try at least to give you my impressions about exhibiting your pictures at the coffee shop. I am in the process of becoming the owner of such shop here where I live and they also have monthly art exhibits. The photograph sizes can vary but I wouldn't go any bigger than 18x24. The framing can be simple, sometimes no framing at all can also be effective, like when they're placed on foam core mats. Black background is not necessary but it is up to you to decide if that will make a greater impact on the viewer or not. I would not put any words at the bottom, directly on the pictures, rather have a little label with the title, your name (and phone number if you want) and size of the picture (although that is evident from looking at the picture, some patrons like to see the physical size also, written on the identifier). I would try to make all this fit onto a label the size of a business card and cut from some sort of white photo mat, all the same size regardless of the size of the pictures. You can put some double sticky tape on the back and place them on the bottom left of the picture, bottoms aligned, that way the patrons won't have to bend too low to read the info. I would also put a price on it, at the end of that label, so it's very evident to anyone that the picture is for sale.

Something like this:

Attachments

• $exhibitcard.jpg
    $exhibitcard.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 106
Super. Thanks for the info. On the sticky tape, what happens when they want to pull it off? Maybe sticky tack?

On the sticky tape, what happens when they want to pull it off? Maybe sticky tack?

Definitely! Something that will stick well to the walls but will come off when necessary.

Good luck!

18 x 24 sounds and looks just great in the Coffee Shop. How many people have that much space (after framing) in their homes?

You might want to ease into this rather than go to the expense of pre judging demand.

18 x 24 sounds and looks just great in the Coffee Shop. How many people have that much space (after framing) in their homes?

You might want to ease into this rather than go to the expense of pre judging demand.

What are normal 'coffee shop' sizes?

I think 18x24 is perfect. I don't like selling prints anything less than a 10x13 because people can confuse it with just a "regular print" from Uncle Bob or someone. The larger size sort of gives it a strange confidence needed to make it appeal as artwork.

However, I DONT like the words at the bottom "BOOM". It makes it look like one of those cheesy work posters "Teamwork", and sort of takes away from the wonderful photo.

Personally I would print it on canvas, no border, at 18x24, no frame, and put it on the wall with the stretched canvas over wood. Looks great.

However, I DONT like the words at the bottom "BOOM". It makes it look like one of those cheesy work posters "Teamwork", and sort of takes away from the wonderful photo.

:D I thought the same thing. or better yet, like the demotivators

mistakes.jpg

definitely no words, i would also mat & frame it then design up a quick business card to go on the frame (maybe even behind the glass)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back