Q x 2: Quick replies appreciated - Deadline :)

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, my company (Mental Health field) recently had the CEO retire and we hired a new guy. They decided it would be nice to have a picnic to welcome him w/ a "Country Hayride" theme. One of the things that they wanted to offer was having a photographer for the day (6 hours) to take candid, photojournalistic type shots through out the day as well as having him/her available to do family portraits for anyone that wanted it. They set aside a budget $500 for this, and since I am on the planning committee, I questioned if they found a professional who agreed to do 6 hours of photography for that amount. In the end, they agreed that a pro probably wouldn't do it for that, so asked if I'd do it and asked me to get back with them with a fee.

Now, knowing the company, I can't imagine too many of us are going to even bring spouses, let alone children since school is back in session and timing and what not. So, I think the family portraits, while a nice idea, will be very under utilized, if at all. So what kind of a fee would be fair for this? I tend to feel $500 would be fair for my skill level and easy money. Thoughts?

Q2: If anyone does a portrait, it will be outside and informal. Any ideas for props? I was thinking a few hay bales and maybe an old wagon wheel or something if I could find one. Anything else to go along w/ a Hayride theme that I could find easily and cheaply?

Thanks for viewing and thoughts.

Most reactions

Back