Quality of Processing

moliver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi folks,

I recently bought myself a scanner (HP G4010) so I'm going to start scanning my own negatives and getting just what I want printed.

I'm wondering if there is there any difference in the quality of the negatives I'll get back if I go to Wal-Mart compared to a professional lab. I don't know anything about C-41 processing so I have no way to judge this.

Thanks!

The brand and type of film you use, will determine the 'quality of the negatives'.

However, a place like Wal-mart probably doesn't clean & maintain their machine as well as a good lab, so there is probably a better chance of having your negatives damaged.

I know that I've had a few of my negatives scratched up after getting them back from Walmart...but I've also had that from a more expensive lab as well.

Agree will Mike, with a pro lab try to find one that use a Dip and Dunk machine, less chance of the negatives being scratched

IMO scanning color negatives is a pain because they have a lot of latitude in color and exposure, E-6 positive/slide are a lot easier to scan but also easier to mess up the exposure

Most reactions

New Topics

Back