question about sensor banding? D7100

jeremycnwy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guy ive seen this banding in a few of my images now an im wondering if this is normal for the sensor in the d7100..
please note that ive intentionally edited the image to exaggerate this issue.. the couple times i have seen this banding was in poorly exposed areas of an shot. you cant see it in any thing that is properly exposed.

DSC_1860-edt-web_1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and for the life of me i vcant figure out how to make the embed from flicker

this shot is one i too at a fair and you can see the banding in it too..
DSC_1820-edt-web | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

what you all think?

I believe it happens on the D7100 if you push the exposure by 4 or more stops. I don't do that so it doesn't effect my shots as far as I can tell

It's a baked-in problem but only in wildly under-exposed shots brought back to life in post. Otherwise...

This is what I figured. I've only seen it when I was resurrecting bad shots or really pushing shadows to see how far they'd go.

It's a baked-in problem but only in wildly under-exposed shots brought back to life in post. Otherwise...

Yes, what cgw mentions is correct. This banding issue on extreme recovery shots is mentioned specifically in Thom Hogan's D7100 review. These two sample images are not great exposures to begin with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back