question!!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by phfn, Jul 31, 2009.

1. phfn

phfn TPF Noob!

Hello,
    I have an old Canon EOS 600.I just tried to load a film into it but the reloading bars on the LCD started to blink and I could do nothing about it.I tried turning the camera on and off,didn't work.Then I opened the back cover where the film is put.I pulled the film leader a little further and closed the cover back.It loaded the film.Is it okay now,or did I waste a roll a film?

2. boogschd

boogschd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i reckon its still good

i remember doing the same on that old nikon f60

didnt load the film the first time. so i had to do what you did.. pull it out a littler further then popped it back in

shots came out okay :D

3. phfn

phfn TPF Noob!

=)I'm glad.I thought it would be alright,logically.thanks!

4. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

The only thing possible is you may have wasted a frame. Thats about it. But I seriously even doubt that you did. By pulling extra leader the only thing it causes is you to possibly run short of film on the last frame. But with my cameras I routinely get 37 from a 36 shot roll, since new auto loading cameras you pull less leader anyway. Older cameras where you crank the advance a time or two before closing the door uses more film that the new pull it to here and close the door automatic loading cameras do.

The film it just fine as 95% was still in the cassette!