questions without pictures (safe for work this time)

crazyy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
1.) I was shooting outside in the shade but a couple of times i had photos come out very very bright. This happened multiple times and I am not really sure what was causing this. I have samples of this but I am sure most of you get the idea (overexposed I think is the term for it). I wasn't shooting directly at the sun so I am just trying to figure out why this happened.
It is the settings of your camera that determine how your shot is exposed. It could be over or underexposed in bright light or in darkness. The camera has a built-in light meter that reads what it sees and give you setting (in any of the auto modes). So if you meter off of something dark, the camera will thing that it's dark and give you too much exposure. If you meter off of something bright, the camera will think everything is bright and give you less exposure. It's up to you to recognize what the camera is doing and adjust the exposure accordingly.

Are you shooting in matrix metering? If so metering off of a bright or dark spot should'nt cause the image to over or under expose to such a degree as shooting and metring in spot or centre-weighted.

...the thing is that i shot series of shot from a spot and most came out great but a very came out way overexposed.

Try shooting in manual. It really isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. Your photos will come out much more uniform in a series if the camera isn't trying to make exposure adjustments for every shot; like it does in automatic modes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back