Quick 450D question

My 350D has had a broken LCD for quite a while, I'm thinking of buying a 450D to replace it. Reading the specs tab for the 450D on B&H, under the shutter speed it says "Bulb (up to 30 seconds)".

What the hell does that mean? Are they saying that you can't shoot longer than 30 seconds, even in Bulb? If that's the case, I will definitely NOT buy this camera...
(That is a feature that I do use a lot.)

edit
For comparison, the 1000D just says "bulb", it doesn't have that "up to 30 seconds" in parentheses.
They don't state that on the Canon site: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi

Thanks. That does seem wrong or misleading. We'll check it and fix the specs.

Thanks. :thumbup:
I'm sure that would help other people avoid this confusion.

Doesn't bulb mode work by opening the shutter with the first press of the button...then closing when you press it again?
Technically, bulb means the shutter's open as long as you're pressing on the shutter release button, or the shutter release is locked open. Some cameras have a setting called "time," which is when the shutter opens and stays open until you take the camera off the "time" setting, whether by clicking the shutter button again or changing the shutter speed dial, or whatever.

20 minute exposures on a dSLR is not something that I wold recommend anyway. After a couple minutes you start overheating the sensor. You drastically shorten the life of your sensor by doing 10-20 minute exposures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back