lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The thing in front of your camera is a "LENS." The plural of "lens" is "LENSES"

Not len, lense , lenz.

Kay. Thanks!:wink:

What is the singular possessive of both?

The word *both* does not have a singular possessive when used as a pronoun... or, obviously, when used as an adjective or adverb.

If the word is used as a proper noun, for example a subject has the name "John Both", then normal apostrophe rules would apply.

The word *both* does not have a singular possessive when used as a pronoun... or, obviously, when used as an adjective or adverb.

If the word is used as a proper noun, for example a subject has the name "John Both", then normal apostrophe rules would apply.

I find your large brain and smart talk mildly titillating.;-)

"Look at the big brain on Brad!"

Indeed, the proper grammar for the preceding sentence would be "What is the singular possessive of each?"

Next, we can hold discussions on the difference between "their" & "they're," "its" & "it's," and my personal least favorite oxymoron, "same difference."

(Sorry, the grammar snob in me took control! =oP)

It's ok their ain't noone hear what nose what there sayin.

The correct phonetical spelling in my state would be "lee-ins" :lol:

For the OP, your title is incorrect. What you provided was a spelling lesson, not a grammar lesson. For the grammarians, to write the possesive you would simply add an apostrophe at the end.

To add the the spelling\English lesson, there is no such word as definately. The correct word is: definitely with an i not an a toward the end.

skieur (spelled correctly but not in English)

Most reactions

Back