Quick help needed for shot

Steveo555

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
for me.. i would be most comfortable using aperture mode.. adjusting the f stop as desired.. then overexpose for the snow.. flash would need to be on high sync mode.. and camera ai servo, continuous.. i've never shot on snow.. so that's a guess.. probably 250+ shudder speeds would be a good start... not sure how the sports photographers set their cameras.. i like aperture outdoors on a sunny day just cause it's easier to adapt.. you could go manual to have specific control on the exposure.. but by then they would have zoomed away :D... anyone feel free to give the "proper" advice since mine is least a guess..

I am going to ski resort tomorrow since everything in Washington D.C. is closed down. I am bringing my camera and would like to get shots of my friends snowboarding of ramps. An example would be this picture http://graphitx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/snowboarding-a-brief-history.jpg

How fast should the shutter speed be? Flash? Any other settings I should change?
What camera and lens?

kangta13 covered most of it.

Exposure is a 3 legged animal: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO.

The example you posted shows the rider moving parallel to the image sensor. That takes more shutter speed than if the rider id moving perpendicular to the image sensor.

In other words no one can give you just 1 number for shutter speed that will work for every shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back