quick help with lens

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
O.k so today i was given a Tamron 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 lens. I'm new to all this and wondering if anyone has used one before and can tell me their opinion on it.
I am saving up for a canon 50mm 1:1.4 lens and wondering if i should sell this one and get the 50mm or if this is a good score worth keeping hold of?

I can't speak for that lens in particular, but those are two different beasts. Which would you use more? Do you do a lot that benefits from zoom power, or would you get more use out of a fast prime?

well i dont really know yet as i'm new to all this. starting to wonder if i should keep the Tamron and keep saving for the 1.4?

The telephoto zoom lens and the 50mm prime lens are for different purposes. Whether to replace the Tamron with the 50mm prime is a personal choice.

For someone that like to take photos at the zoo may want to have a lens that has a longer focal length.

It is hard for someone else to make a decision for you since I may say keep the telephoto, but all you really want is to take head shot portrait type photos. :)

Last edited:
if it was a tamron 2.8 I would say keep it.. but a 4-5.6, they are a dime a dozen.. you'll likely get more use out of a 50

Most reactions

New Topics

Back