Quick help.

J.Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok for christmas I am getting a new lens, I can spend about $300, so I am gonna go on ebay and pick one. What is a good lens that goes for about 300 on ebay?
I want something good for portraits and something that may be good for weddings. Right now I have the 50mm f1.8 , tamron 17-35mm , tamron 75-300mm , and kit lens. So what am I needing? Canon.

For weddings, I'd suggest another prime lens or a fast zoom. Maybe a 17/18-50mm F2.8 (Tamron or Sigma) or maybe the 85mm F1.8.

There are 3-4 different models of this lens out. You want the most recent one... the Sigma 18-50 DC EX HSM Macro F/2.8... this is the one that's been beating all the other lenses (even the $1500 Nikkor!) in photography magazine tests. BTW, its not what I would call a good wedding lens. It is a good all 'round lens but has not enough range for a wedding. For that you need the 70-200 for 50-75% of your needs in a wedding environment. The other 25-50% are very sensitive lenses like a 30mm F/1.4 and/or a 85mm F/1.4 for the low light situations. You will also find that a camera that is excellent in high ISO low noise is a must.

Sure you can take low light captures at ISO 1600 and get the shot, but the amount of noise reduction needed to clean up those pics makes people look quite crappy and plasticy looking.

Most reactions

Back