Quick point and shoot question

fviva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I work for an ebay store, and part of my job is photographing the products we sell. My boss is kinda nuts about the photographs and needs them to be perfect (not blurry at all) But she only lets me take pictures after the sun has gone down which SEVERELY disrupts my work schedule.

I use a Canon A40(2mp) and she has me use tungsten, no flash 1.3 exposure and some other settings that make no sense to me.

I always thought it was better to use natural light than artificial houselight, yeah? I have a kodak z700 (4mp) at home. Is this a more capable camera? How can I convince her to let me take pictures in the daylight? What settings should i use?

Here's an example of a picture we use, just a toy against a white background at night

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/scumfuc/Teletubby20LaaLaa.jpg

Use a tripod (and the self timer) and the amount of light won't matter because the shot should be sharp, even with a longer shutter speed.

As for the quality of the light. It could be natural light, or ambient indoor light or any type of specific lighting. That is a very in-depth topic that can't be taught to you in a simple response.

I've been using a tripod because it's damn near impossible to hold the camera still for that long of an exposure.

So you're saying that I can get the same result with natural light as long as i get a crisp shot?

Natural or artificial light, it doesn't matter.
Just make sure that you set your WB accurately (best to use a custom WB if your camera will do that).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back