Quick question.

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I want to get some opinions on something.

I like to ride my motorcycle through this one Canyon in Malibu California (snake run on Muholland highway for those of you that know the area) I want to go down there and practice my photography of moving motorcycles. Now there lies my problem. There is a photographer that is a professional (I would assume) that always sits on one specific turn and he has his van and banner with his website and sells his photos online. I would like to take some photos in a different spot as not to interfere with him. I however do not want to make him angry or think I am going to try and sell my photos I only want to be there for the sole fact of improving my own personal skills.

So should I go and ask the photographer for permission, or is it something more like out in public its all fair game?

Here is his website for reference.

Rock Store Photos

Go and have a chat, you might just find he's an ok guy who could give you pointers, your not selling so why should he worry. H

No, you have just as much right to be there as he has, just because he has a banner does not mean he owns that corner, get there before him because that is probably the best corner

I am a motorcycle rider and we know a guy here in Norcal who does same thing..
It clearly doesn't mean he owns the corner.. You can go and setup your shot at another angle.. and then advertise your photos on the local motorcycle riding forums..
It's good way to get business while enjoying nature.

Well I went yesterday and asked him as he was setting up if he minded if I shoot here too and his response was yeah its a free country and I said yes but just wanted to have courtesy he said thank you and we both sat and shot and were both out of each others way and worked out great

Most reactions

New Topics

Back