Quite Amateur, welcoming critique

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by albo, Nov 24, 2005.

1. albo

albo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi all,

I'm a bit of a beginner photographer... I have 3 photos here which are my first (what I consider) decent ones... Anyway if ye wouldn't mind offering your criticism... (and any tips) Don't hold back :)

Had to get up early one morning anyway so a good chance to take these around dawn... Used a Panasonic Lumix digital... Tripod was on loan so for the third one I was trying to balance the camera on a wall and try not to let it move... The first two were hand-held...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmmm, your second image is not loading for me.

What is it you were looking for in the way of critique? Is there something specific you were trying to achieve with these shots?

3. albo

albo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Don't know wy that happens sometimes they all appear sometimes only some of them appear, sometimes they all appear then one disappears...

Anyway... don't really know what I was looking for in the way of critique... really just general thoughts... were they any good or not... if not why not and what can be done to improve them (or my photography skills)... etc... as I said I'm a beginner, so I'm not really sure if I'm as far as trying to achieve certain things like moods or impressions, etc.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Perfect example of a photo that actually wants to be shown in the General Gallery, much rather than up here in Critique - plus you will get some broader feedback in the General Gallery, I say.

What I can also say is that beginner or not, you apparently "see" well, i.e. you see the colours, you see the motifs, you see the frame ... and then capture things really nicely.

The only thing that is a bit important is to downsize your submissions to a size of around 600x800 or even 400x600 so they better fit everyone's screen. The third is waaaaaayyyy large.

5. clemeys

clemeys TPF Noob!

I like the 3rd especially the jet streams all lit up!

welcome to tpf

6. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum albo. I really like the second image best.