Random shots from wedding. Please C&C

jerbol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots I liked that break some of the rules. Some are noisy due to the low light but I thought they wern't half bad. Be brutal. Thanks,
Jerry

3605373659_ff53d4914d.jpg

3605373639_b62ce80548.jpg

3605373633_6597d7d076.jpg

3605373651_661b9abdfa.jpg

#1- I don't think shooting this in portrait does it any good. You don't need so much floor or ceiling. It also makes them look really small.

#2- I am assuming this picture means something to the people you shot for? To anyone else, it doesn't have anything to do with a wedding.

#3- Just looks like a bad silhouette shot to me. If you are going to try this shot, do it with a window that has less distractions. They all blend together to make one odd shape, rather than one silhouette of the woman,

#4- I like it, but I think the over-exposed window is distracting, and there is too much space above them IMO.

From a completely non-critical standpoint, I think they are good, just not professional quality. Just giving you the brutal side as well, since that's the kind of info that helps me the most. Keep it up!

#1 I understand the intent to want to frame them in a unique way, but to pull off this shot, you need a foreground that is more interesting than the one you have in the picture. Might work well with some grass and having a foreground object (bride's bouquet?) to help tie the whole thing and set perspective for the viewer.
Technically, its nicely exposed, good colours. I just don't like the location or the composition

#2 While not wedding themed, I like this picture. Nice overall composition and sharpness on the eyes. I don't like the piece of hair over her eye and there is some green detailing on the left hand side that is irritating. Nice shot though

#3 I agree with the above comment that the background kinda breaks the silouhette, mainly the railing on the lower left. Nice job on the lighting though, getting just faint light on her face to seperate her from the frame of the window. Not a fan of the overall composition

#4 Great concept, I also like this one. A few things to consider, and this is just personal opinion, is the choice of windows. I love the texture / details of the windows on the left, but don't like the one on the right. I find this right window a bit too dominating in the image. Maybe at a different angle, using the left two windows as a background?

I don't mind the space overhead too much, although it could be brought closer a bit. Or maybe adding in a bit more floor (which would remove extra space up top). Her face is also a bit underexposed and the guy looks a bit smothered under her.

Nice job overall though. Its great to try new things, its the best way to learn. Kudos to you for doing so.

1. I don't like the framing. There's too much dead space at the bottom of the picture which makes it look odd. It's also too far back from the subject. I would have moved closer and shot a landscape vs. a portrait so that you would see more of the people and less of the surroundings.

2. Nice picture, but it has nothing to do with a wedding.

3. Not a good picture in my view. While silhouettes can be unique and creative if done right, this looks like you tried to get a cool angle on the subject but didn't properly expose for having really harsh backlight. It looks like a mistake in other words. Also, even if we could see the subject, at best it would be a great shot of someones back - not your typical "good" subject matter.

4. Good concept, but again the exposure is off. The loss of detail on the subject due to harsh lighting (heavy shadows that cut faces in half) ruins the picture. I would have moved closer to the subject and cut out the large distracting window on the right.

Thank you all for the C&C.
The little girl picture was an accidental post..

Anyway I got a lot of the normal wedding pictures and they turned out pretty good. But with these and a few others I was just trying something different. I really need the C&C so that next time I can get these kind of shots but be worthy of printing. It is hard to find your style and at the same time make great pictures for everyone. Thanks again,
Jerry

I think you went about it the right way. Get the great shots that the client wants, well exposed, posed and so on. Do some slightly artistic things to give them that wow factor. And then try somethings to push your own style.

They are happy with pics, you get to play around a bit and not just shoot the same old, all the while keeping in mind that its their day and their dollar paying, so they are top priority

Most reactions

New Topics

Back