random views from a train yard (2)

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

I dont see anything really special in these 2 shots, but maybye someone else does.

Neither of them speak to me honestly, the first one to me is better though. Try cropping the trailers out of the second.

I like the color saturation in number 1. What kind of film did you use?

I find the palm trees in 2 quite nice, as well as the gradating (<- is this a word?) grey of the sky, and actually the presence of the train carriage, the clock tower and the sign (name of the station?) say enough "railroad pic" to me --- spiced up with some very far-from-the-topic elements, which I like!

I love the second one. I would have edited slight different though. I would have kept it black and white but left the train in its natural metal colour... Very good, thanks for sharing.

thanks,

in the first I am using all digital, but the thought that someone thought it was film makes me feel very good !!! I have a particular way of processing certain shots that just comes out like that.

I think it would be similar to using tungsten film outdoors, but still retaining the proper saturation in the reds. I do not know if this is possible in film (straight from camera) without the use of seperate lights and gels.

Thanks though, this weekend im going out and will apply these same processing techniques to hopefully some much better intrinsic and aesthetic value shots !!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back