Raymond- Male Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a simple mens portrait. I wish I'd have shot at a slower f/stop to get his hands in focus.

All natural light.
5D
135mm @f/2.5
1/1000th sec
ISO 400
_mg_2870_by_danostergren-d8tzu9y.jpg

Very nice! I love all of your shots and your lighting technique. :smile:

One quick comment: his left arm looks a little thin compared to his right? I know it's probably the way he has his arms folded and the angle and whatnot.

Very nice! I love all of your shots and your lighting technique. :smile:

One quick comment: his left arm looks a little thin compared to his right? I know it's probably the way he has his arms folded and the angle and whatnot.

Maybe he has been single for a very long time?

I think the light really flatters his facial features. Good work.

I think the light really flatters his facial features. Good work.
Thank you. I love using parking garages for portrait shoots. The lighting can be really nice.

That OOF arm is bothering the hell out of me (I just noticed you mentioned it), but I like the lighting and processing. Looks almost hyper-realistic.

Dan,
I think this is not up to your usual perfection.
If you rotate him ~6 degrees clockwise, fill in the empty spaces, give his face a bit more space to look into and maybe darken his knuckles a bit, it seem much stronger to me.

Dan,
I think this is not up to your usual perfection.
If you rotate him ~6 degrees clockwise, fill in the empty spaces, give his face a bit more space to look into and maybe darken his knuckles a bit, it seem much stronger to me.
Thanks for the feedback.

That OOF arm is bothering the hell out of me (I just noticed you mentioned it), but I like the lighting and processing. Looks almost hyper-realistic.
Yeah, I'd like the photo a lot more with more in focus.

I see what you mean by the DOF being off, but it does make look strait to his face. Because to me it makes the face the interest point, and not his hand, but that is how it came to me. It's a great photo! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back