Re-covering my camera

I got some uncut Leatherette from Microtools to fix up my Ricoh Diacord.
It was cheap for a large sheet (and they ship fast).
http://www.micro-tools.com/store/~/C-568/Leather-and-Leatherette.aspx

I will have to say that cutting the front panel (with the curves) is a pain to do to get it exactly right.
Get some painters tape and a really sharp blade.

A dozen emails later, and still no response. I wish I could actually communicate with this guy, but it seems the only way is email. He hasn't sent a single thing to my email since I first asked him I he could do the leather. I can live with the $18.50 loss, but it is the principle of the matter. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Hmm.
When I was trying to correspond with him ... he did not reply until I forwarded a copy of the PayPay reciept to him.

If you paid with PayPal and it's not too late you can dispute the payment and get a refund that way. I think it has to be done within 45 days of payment though.

Otherwise you might try doing a "request money" thing via PayPal using his email address and providing details of why he owes you. Worth a try at least and it might jog his integrity enough to do something about this.

Last edited:
Yeah, if the guy doesn't care enough to even give you the courtesy of a reply to your e-mail, he's not worth the time.

I would file a claim with PayPal if you went that route. I paid for with a card, I would be disputing any charges for this...

Worth a try at least and it might jog his integrity enough to do something about this.

If the order was placed on February 1, and the OP has heard absolutely nothing after numerous attempts, then there's no integrity to jog...

Worth a try at least and it might jog his integrity enough to do something about this.

If the order was placed on February 1, and the OP has heard absolutely nothing after numerous attempts, then there's no integrity to jog...

Maybe so but there is the fact that Hurricane Irene passed through his area and a reported change in servers since then may be the source of the problem. Also, recent reports on other forums indicate people are receiving their orders and/or communications in a timely manner from him.

compur said:
Maybe so but there is the fact that Hurricane Irene passed through his area and a reported change in servers since then may be the source of the problem. Also, recent reports on other forums indicate people are receiving their orders and/or communications in a timely manner from him.

Which other forums? If I can find someone with an open line of communication with him, maybe he can mention my order.

dxqcanada said:
Did you ever get the camera leather ??

Never did. I still send a hateful email to him every now and then, but never get a reply.

Hmm, I've ordered from him in the past and had no problems. One kit was like a Cobalt Blue goatskin for my XD-7. Quality is top-notch, sorry to hear of your problems...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back