RE: does this pic have any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you ask us for OUR opinions on it's "value" and then get pissy when you get them?

Try sending that photo to LOLCATZ or whatever. I'm sure you could've gotten luck overthar.

damn dude i've looked at it about 20 times and it still isn't good or holds any value

therefore i can only hold the reply of a cat

howbout_no.jpg

shuttlecatisnotamused.jpg

I am surprised at the closed minded and lack of understanding here...

the picture is out of focus? really? duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

The only thing I was going for was the cats fur and the tile floor creating the illusion of an 'S' figure... I feel like that worked very well... And I think the effect is better because it's a little out of focus...

I'm actually shocked of the closed mindedness of some of the people on here... GL!:D

First off, you need to learn how to post to get comments. Your original thread asked if "this photo has any value", and then you claimed you got lucky. Now you are claiming that you intended to get this shot. You should have given all the pertinent information in your first post to let viewers respond appropriately. I highly doubt your intent was to get a shot where the blur of the cat completed an 's' curve with the floor pattern. What I see, with you calling it "luck", is that you went through your images, and saw this after the fact, and thought it was neat. Does it redeem the image? No. If you can't convey your intent of a photograph of to the viewer, it is less successful.

"Is it a keeper?" Well, now we need to know what your end goal with photography is. I ask my self five questions. Does it express my view of the world, is it interesting, is it a quality shot, does it have artistic value, and is it sellable. While I may give one of my images high marks to all those questions, somebody else will probably not. Everybody has their own standards. I would like you to tell me your standards for a great shot.

"The effect is better because it's a little out of focus." This statement is pretty telling to me. Can you differentiate between blur and focus? This image wouldn't work at all with out the blur. It actually may have been more successful if it were focused.

"Closed mindedness." Don't make me ****ing laugh. At this point I have to decide whether I make use of the forums ignore feature, or eagerly await your next post for CC so it can be ripped to shreds. I think I am going with the former, because judging by what I have seen, the latter is a waste of time.

With 'mom2eights' comment, *pfft*. I do the same. I look at the work of people who give positive review of bad images to see where they are coming from. :thumbup:

I'm leaning towards troll, now... I tend to err in favor kindness, but I'm starting to smell some stinky flame-bait...

i still dont see the "S" if the tile/cat? wtf....? i guess my artistic imagination isnt there. anyone wanna point it out for me?

Can someone just close this topic? And Rialto, just get over it! Nobody sees the s. Nobody barely sees the cat. it is funny, if you think that, but not good photography wise.

Man, I STILL dont see what you were going for with that picture.

I dont see this S shape you seem so adamant about, and I dont really get how the shot being out of focus helps.

Id probably say at this point, if you like TPF, step back and stop posting for a bit, because that ban seems pretty close right about now.

Can someone just close this topic? And Rialto, just get over it! Nobody sees the s. Nobody barely sees the cat. it is funny, if you think that, but not good photography wise.

I see it. Maybe you don't have an eye for detail.

I don't want this closed. I asked a valid question I'd like an answer to.
But thanks for your moderating efforts. :thumbup:

I see the "S".

I think Bitter Jeweler is spot on here. I have always treated this forum as a place for mature and professional interaction among people who share a common passion.
If, from the initial post, the OP had received the kind of feedback given by PUGs and Bitter Jeweler then the poster, if serious, would have gotten the information this forum was intended to deliver. If the OP is trolling they would have gone away because the bait was not taken.

I am not slamming anyone here. I see humor all around me, but sometimes I don't let the source of my humor know they are the source.

Just my .02

I believe Bitter Jeweler hit it perfectly, he speaks with maturity, knowledge and truthfulness

I'll show my possible ignorance, I'm new here so I'm not sure if he's talking about a LITERAL "S" or it's some Skull and Bones deep secret...
is there something special about the letter "S"?

His pictures say "they're okay to edit" so I'll take a stab to show people if they don't see it... is that okay?

and I definitely won't be using this picture for any personal use or anything or that sort, I can guarantee that, but i'll just post it to try and help people, if i'm dead wrong please help me, this is what I originally thought it was but then I doubted myself, why not try and figure it out i guess?

cat-s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back