TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
15835947760_f49f4a8855_o_d.jpg

Very cool. Would have liked to have seen the tail, and maybe a bit more space in front, need some space to go to...

It's a bit too cut off for my taste and would like to see more of what it is standing on, don't like the shadow on the top of the wing. The bird is in a nice position, but not framed well. I know you probably only had a couple of seconds to get this shot, great effort.

Likely I prejudiced the setting with the title as it really should read, "On Your Mark." I was shooting for the tension in the body and especially in the wings as it prepares for a possible quick exit. In this version, I lighted up the shadow and reduced some of the grittiness in the shadows, again more so to set the tone for the impending possibility of a quick getaway.

Attachments

• On-Your-Mark.jpg
    On-Your-Mark.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 101
I like the tight crop, which I think does lend some necessary tension. I might even have cropped the top some more.

Unfortunately, Ken, with the square crop there's nowhere left to go and the rectangular crop didn't convey the same tension...it may just be back to the drawing board or wait until Wednesday when I get my Sigma 150-600 lens and see if I can get the same shot from a olittle further back.

Beautiful lighting in this, and I love the details being so close up! I would have to see the crops side by side to decide if I like square.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back