really pathetic photoshop question

Skyeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im using ps7 and i never used the crop thing much as i dont usualy crop photos. but i was trying to crop something that was 8x12 to 8x10 and at the top you could put in the size and what not that u wanted, but after you put it in what do you do? i tryed clicking, click drag, hitting enter and i couldnt figure it ouy...please help

Go to the marquee tool. Click on the drop down menu at the top and click on fixed size. Put the dimesnions with units in there and then click. Move it to where you want on the picture. Copy that into a new document and voila.

thank you, i spent an hour trying to figure that out :hail:

Use the crop tool and in the properties bar at the top of the screen enter the size you are wanting cropped. Also while doing this lets say your shooting with digital and it gives you that 28x40 pic at 72 you can enter a new PPI (pixels per inch) into the properties bar at this moment. So after typing what you want move to your image drag the crop where you want it cropped. Hit enter and it will know resize your images actual physical size and if you entered a new PPI it will adjust that also in one step.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back