Really Right Stuff Versa Tripod

Ryvax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone own a RRS Versa tripod? I'm thinking of ordering one. How does it compare to the Gitzo's.

That's actually the gitzo one I was looking at. The prices are too close to affect my decision based on money. They both hold 50lbs but the versa is 2 lbs lighter I beleive. The Gitzo is a bit taller tho. Very hard to make a decision.

That's actually the gitzo one I was looking at. The prices are too close to affect my decision based on money. They both hold 50lbs but the versa is 2 lbs lighter I beleive. The Gitzo is a bit taller tho. Very hard to make a decision.
Not really.

Since you have it narrowed down to 2 tripods it's in essence a binary decision and you can use a simple binary decision making tool to help you.

The other fortunate thing about the binary decision making tool is it's usually readily available in most homes and most people carry one or several of them with them whenever they leave their home.

The tool does require some physical manipulation buy the user but a modicum of inate dexterity is the only manipulation skill required.

Heads get the Gitzo, tails get the RRS.

Not really.

Since you have it narrowed down to 2 tripods it's in essence a binary decision and you can use a simple binary decision making tool to help you.

The other fortunate thing about the binary decision making tool is it's usually readily available in most homes and most people carry one or several of them with them whenever they leave their home.

The tool does require some physical manipulation buy the user but a modicum of inate dexterity is the only manipulation skill required.

Well said senator :thumbup:

The Gitzo is rated at 55lbs or 2 kilos more. I appreciate the height when needed. When not I open legs from the top down providing excellent support. The other consideration is the Gitzo accessories available.

Two good ones right here.

Gitzo | GS5121LV Leveling Base | GS5121LVL | B&H Photo Video

Naturescapes | Safety Plate for Gitzo GT5541LS and | GSP-55

Yea, I do like all the accessories I can get with the Gitzo. I have another 3 months before I go home, so I'll keep thinking about it for now. Leaning towards the gitzo right now, I haven't heard from anyone who owns the versa yet tho.

This really provided me with a good laugh this morning. The only part I disagree with is INATE. People have been jugling money all their lives and never figure it out!!!:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back