Rebel 450 XSi vs Nikon d60

Fremen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

Still debating on wich one ill get...

Anything reasons I should stay away from Rebel 450D XSi ?

Thx

Fremen

Youre opening a big can of worms when asking people to choose between Nikon and Canon. Just a word of caution.

Mark

Here's a simpleR solution.
Both cameras will give you good image results. Both are great learning tool.
But they do feel different in your hand. Therefore, make your way to any camera store, hold it, play with it, see how it feel. Order from reputable dealer where they won't charge you restocking fee, and enjoy it.

It wasnt about Canon vs Nikon....but about the two models. I'm againts debate like that..just for the future :) Each brands makes people happy, live with that :)

My question was more about the satisfaction and results for those who own one of tried both.

Thx for your time to both of you

I ask this before I go the store and buy it tomorrow, i have to go in 2 different stores, First one dont have the Nikon.

Couple nice choices there I'm sure, I don't know much about the Canon lineup as the Nikon felt better in my hands so I went that route and haven't looked back. Had the Canon felt better I'm sure it would be the same story that way.

I really believe that whichever one feels best in your hands is the one that is going to be there when you capture those amazing photos, and brand name won't matter.

I wish I had some good info on each but I don't and won't pretend I do... I'll just wish you the best on your purchase and look forward to watching you progress.

I work with few different photographer. One was (May he R.I.P.) a Nikon shooter the other two are canon shooters. Cameras are Nikon: D100, D70, D200; Canons 20D, EOS-1D Mark III, 5D, 5D MarkII. - Image quality in the print is GREAT. Print size, here's MPIX 411 regarding that Mpix.com - Help.
But the feel of Canon and Nikon are different. You hold the Nikon brand, regardless of which camera, you feel that its a Nikon, you hold the canon and you feel that its a canon. Its like ice cream - vanilla vs chocolate.
Many photogs I've met say Nikon glass is more superb but Canon body is more durable. I can't accept/reject that statement since I've never seen a true objective comparison b/n the two.
If all else fails, go with the feel of one vs the other.
The only thing I will advise is at certain point, you might feel limited by the accassibility of the camera's manu thus you might want to consider getting a used but higher model, something like D80/D200 in Nikons or D20/D30 in Canon. Look at reputable dealers regarding used equipment IF you want to go that route.
Good Luck

I would get the XSi. I use to have the XS and my friend had a d60. When we were both using kit lens, his d60 beat my XS in terms of picture quality until I upgraded to L lens. :lol:

I have an XSi and I LOVE IT ... camera buttons are easy to reach and the menu is user friendly. a huge number of lens can be used with this camera including Canon's own or the third party company lens.

I would get the XSi. I use to have the XS and my friend had a d60. When we were both using kit lens, his d60 beat my XS in terms of picture quality until I upgraded to L lens. :lol:

Gee, that's weird... pro glass made a difference over the kit lens? :lol:

So you would get the Canon over the Nikon even though you said the Nikon had better image quality when using similar lenses? Odd.

Here's a simpleR solution.
Both cameras will give you good image results. Both are great learning tool.
But they do feel different in your hand. Therefore, make your way to any camera store, hold it, play with it, see how it feel. Order from reputable dealer where they won't charge you restocking fee, and enjoy it.

But only one will auto focus with all the current lenses in their manufacture's lineup.

Thx alot for your time and comments.

I might give a shot with the Rebel XSi as for starter.

Will see how it feel in my hands..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back