rebel xsi DOF preview button

Umm, yeah. This post had an interesting subject, why did you edit it?!?

This place is about sharing experiences, ideas, thoughts...

Not all cameras have a DOF preview button and if there is one on my XSI, I haven't found it.

The link above is general information on what the DOF is, not necessarily on an XSI

Not all cameras have a DOF preview button and if there is one on my XSI, I haven't found it.

The link above is general information on what the DOF is, not necessarily on an XSI

It should be that little round button under the lens release button. Right next to the placard that says "Rebel XSi" or "450D".

edit
If your lens is wide open, you will not see anything. Stop down to f/8 or something, press the button - you should see the difference.

Actually, it is on my Xsi, and this was actually quite helpful to me as it does apply to what the Xsi preview button does. ;) That's why I posted it. I was curious myself, found the info myself and thought I'd share. :meh:

Thanks for the link on info on the button - many people I have spoken to have had little to no uses for the button (it does not help matters that its in a very inaccasable area of the camera to reach when naturally holding the gear).

yeah, i had my lens wide open, but i figured it out pretty quickly that i needed to stop down a bit

X2!

i knew it should be there but had not found it and its not in the manual.

jerry

I knew where and what it was before I read the manual. It's in the same place as the Canon AE-1

Most reactions

Back