Recent engagement shoot in Big Bear California

yeah... nicely done

Really like this one, man. IMO the leaves make it. Can't say I see it as a candid though, what with having an assistant toss leaves and all. Still, a wonderful shot, something to aspire to in my own couples work.

Can I ask what your color curves look like, roughly speaking? I've been experimenting in trying to get a tone similar to this, but haven't had much luck really nailing it down.

Very nice, as always. I really like the leaves. :smile:

This was shot using a Nikon 85 f1.4 at f1.6, and whatever ISO and shutter to give the correct exposure. I'm more picky with aperture because I want a certain DOF, where shutter speed and ISO can be a bit more flexible.

This was shot using a Nikon 85 f1.4 at f1.6, and whatever ISO and shutter to give the correct exposure. I'm more picky with aperture because I want a certain DOF, where shutter speed and ISO can be a bit more flexible.

Really nice! Probably the best engagement portrait I've seen on this forum.
The leaves add a lot to the scene--too many photographers forget that artists often make use of foreground--midground ( subject )--and background to create depth in a scene.
For MY taste in portraiture I would have preferred to have the background colors warmer ( more fall colors ) and warmer skin tones as well--but that's just my style.
Their wedding should be fun and creative for you!
Jerry W. Venz M.Photog.,Cr. CPP

Can I ask what your color curves look like, roughly speaking? I've been experimenting in trying to get a tone similar to this, but haven't had much luck really nailing it down.

This was done in LR by slight desaturation, reduce orange color, tone down highlights, decrease black, bring out shadows. :)

I guessed it was that lens lol. Either that or the 70-200 2.8 but not everyone wants to be that far back for compression or carry such a heavy lens. Do you have the 1.4D or G?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost looks like he is peeking at something right of the camera. Was your assistant camera right?

I guessed it was that lens lol. Either that or the 70-200 2.8 but not everyone wants to be that far back for compression or carry such a heavy lens. Do you have the 1.4D or G?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 70-200 f2.8 VR2 also but yeah it's heavy. The 85 is f1.4G version and it's my favorite portrait lens. I also have the 35 f1.4G and 50 f1.4G.

Most reactions

Back