recommend me a lens please.

ImNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shoot quite a bit of BMX, and some nature stuff. i plan getting a couple flashes in the near future as well. but when it comes to lenses i dont want to spend money on something that wont perform well in what i am shooting. so if any of you could point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

PS i shoot with a Nikon D3000.

I recommend the awesome lens. It makes all of your pictures awesome with lots of sparkly bokeh.

The lens doesnt matter

I like how white got thanked twice for his post... lol :lmao:

Anyway, what do you have now? Kit lens? I just think you need to get closer when I look at your bike pics. Just a personal thing, I know it's nice to show the obstacle/ramp/pipe but I'd get closer for a few too.

yeah i just have the kit lens. i'll definitely work on getting closer to my subject. I was thinking about maybe a 50mm.

the only 50 that will AF is the 1.4 AFS which is like $440. Buy the 35mm 1.8. Thats the same as 50mm on full frame

That'd be a nice prime lens for you but your kit lens covers that focal range already. Maybe a zoom lens? Obviously you'd pay a lot more. But you could get closer without actually getting closer :)

I think there's an affordable Nikon 18-200mm that people like.. not sure though as I don't need to worry about the dark-side's lenses.

that is a good point reznap but it is hard to take that serious when you have an 18-55 kit lens and a 50mm. but my kit lens is not going to shoot at 1.8 like a 50mm or something similar.

Well, if you want to be taken serious, the only logical route is a 200-400 F4, make sure to use lens hoods, and a 600 F4, on a separate body such as a professional body. Finally, strap two 200 F2s over your shoulders, just so they know who the real pro is. Your best bet is to google the aforementioned lenses, can't be a pro, if you can't describe your gear with big words.

alex. you. are. a. douche.

how about replacing your kit lens with the nikkor 18-200mm vr?

With the d3000 you have to use afs lenses if you want autofocus, which limits your choices--especially when it comes to less expensive options with high quality optics.

The lens I would recommend would be the 70-200mm f2.8 VR AFS, but you could sell your d3000 and replace it with a d90 along with an 80-200mm f2.8 AF and still be spending less then the AFS version of this lens costs.

Most reactions

Back