Recommendation for wireless remote for D700

pondball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Seems like most recommendations on this forum when shooting at slower shutter speeds and/or for taking tripod mounted long lens shots are to use a wireless remote to lessen the inevitable shakes of manual shutter release.

I have found this WR-R10 Wireless Remote Controller (transceiver) and the accompanying remote but nikon also has a kit with an adapter... Nothing specific as to whether the adapter is required with the D700 or not though.

Is this remote the accepted solution for the D700 and more importantly can I trigger shutter bursts of 4-5 fps with the remote? I intend on using it for both some single shot product photos but also with some sports sequences to later be used for coaching purposes.

Do I need the adapter?

Or, is there a better solution?

I bought a cheapy like this one off of ebay several years ago and it works [surprisingly] very well.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Personally the better solution would be either to just get a wired shutter release such as this, or if your going to spend more than $10.00 get a multi task tool such as a pair of pocket wizards or some other transceivers that will not only trigger off camera flash but work as a wireless shutter release.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought a cheapy like this one off of ebay several years ago and it works [surprisingly] very well.
That's a lot cheaper than the nikon one and if it works... :) ... So did you have to get a specific cable for your model of camera... Reading the specs it seemed to have different code numbers for different models... If so did you specify that at time of purchase or was that an additional purchase?

Personally the better solution would be either to just get a wired shutter release such as this, or if your going to spend more than $10.00 get a multi task tool such as a pair of pocket wizards or some other transceivers that will not only trigger off camera flash but work as a wireless shutter release.
That looks good too... And the price is certainly right! Looks like I can do bursts with it as well... Will look up the pocket wizards as I have a couple of flash units too

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Neither, I'm not all that big on TTL. I use various combinations of PW II's, mulit max and PW +III

Neither, I'm not all that big on TTL. I use various combinations of PW II's, mulit max and PW +III
thanks gryphon
Took a look at those just now... As well as a boo at the manual for the multi max unit... Might be some overkill though for a dslr newbie who is still trying to catch up his camera functions after 30 years away... The $500+ price tag is kinda scaring me off considering I'm just getting back into it... Might be money better spent on putting towards some new glass (I was told somewhere it is not kosher to use lens anymore!)

Look at Yungnuo triggers then isntead of PocketWizards. I do NOT have any but the Yungnuos get good reviews from other users.

The wired remotes are good except you have to be standing next to the camera. Ir sounds like you want to be elsewhere so I'd stick with the radio transmitters.

I need one of these ... thanks !!
I just want something simple and single function but a RF instead of IR (hitting too many limitations with it now).

Look at Yungnuo triggers then isntead of PocketWizards. I do NOT have any but the Yungnuos get good reviews from other users. The wired remotes are good except you have to be standing next to the camera. Ir sounds like you want to be elsewhere so I'd stick with the radio transmitters. I need one of these ... thanks !! I just want something simple and single function but a RF instead of IR (hitting too many limitations with it now).

I have the up yongnuo triggers, and they are great

..some new glass (I was told somewhere it is not kosher to use lens anymore!)

All the Hep Cats call it "glass" these days, but if you accidentally slip up and say "lens" then EVERYBODY will know what you mean.

All the Hep Cats call it "glass" these days, but if you accidentally slip up and say "lens" then EVERYBODY will know what you mean.
:)
Just an old fart from the groovy days trying to get Hep!

Sheesh.... Can't believe I said that"

I have the up yongnuo triggers, and they are great
just had a peak, but am having some difficulty finding one that is compatible with the D700... The site has wireless shutter releases but those aren't the same as the ones I found a YouTube video on which looked pretty good... Especially for the price...
Have you used this unit to shoot in burst mode?

just had a peak, but am having some difficulty finding one that is compatible with the D700... The site has wireless shutter releases but those aren't the same as the ones I found a YouTube video on which looked pretty good... Especially for the price... Have you used this unit to shoot in burst mode?

I have the 622n's and they work with my d700 for a shutter release. Even autofocus as well.

:)
Just an old fart from the groovy days trying to get Hep!

Sheesh.... Can't believe I said that"

Hep?
or Hip ?
or am I just behind the times and not Hip .. i mean Hep .. :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back