Red Cardinal =D

crimangel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
haven't had much experience with shooting wildlife, but this was my very first encounter with a cardinal while I had my camera. Was lucky enough to see one =)

DSCN2273.jpg

Aren't the colours just awesome?

Nice job getting the bird,but in terms of photography, you are just a bit off. I find that its too far out (probably equipment / lens limitation) to capture that "wow" feeling. Another option is being out like you were but with less branches and other distractions.

As with humans, eyes are really important in animals.

But this is still a really nice shot, exposure due to snow is nicely done.

yes very awesome and beautiful colours indeed, if only I came across a blue jay one day. So very rare here -_-.

Thanks for your advice, i definitely will take in every word, yes I wish I had the money to invest in a really nice lens to get up closer and sharper without having to be close and the bird doesn't notice my presence.

It was freezing cold that day, the bird was paranoid, kept coming in and out. I waited about 20 mins from afar before I could take the shot hehe.
I was so afraid it would fly away, so this was as close as I could go with my lens and I had to stand pretty far too. Its either I manage to capture one photo or none at all.

You got any advice for a good lens to invest in? Something good for sharp close ups but not too heavy to carry around?

Nice shot, framed will for a live wild (probably skittish) bird. Beautiful color.

But don't they fly South for the Winter ????

Not the Cardinals =)
Anyone know a good lens for close ups that isn't too heavy to lug around?

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! Fabulous shot!

I absolutely love the colours. Cardinals are soo beautiful.

If only you could have zoomed in a little closer, it would have been perfect!

love the red on the white background. really makes the colors stand out!

great photograph!

Most reactions

Back