red chairs;

dangerwoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
365450224_58718edf18.jpg

im looking for a general critique, especially on the composition, i suppose.

I don't really like the clear horizontal division of this photo in two halves, one bottom half which is the only part that holds any kind of interest through the red colour of the things that ar not even recognisable as chairs at once, and the top half which is only sky. If only those bay watch beach chairs (?) had still been standing to break through this clear division and reach from the bottom part into the top. That might have helped your composition. Lying there, as they are, and seen from this far, they don't really say much to me. Sorry.

I don't really like the clear horizontal division of this photo in two halves, one bottom half which is the only part that holds any kind of interest through the red colour of the things that ar not even recognisable as chairs at once, and the top half which is only sky.

I agree... I think it might have more *bang* if you shot it from a lower angle, looking up at the chairs. I'd also move off center to give one of the chairs a bit more emphasis over the other.

Love the red of the chairs :)

It’s missing something? As for the composition too much sky, Maybe a 1x2 panoramic crop would help some, also think about tweaking the exposure and a B&W version

If you didn't mention they were chairs I would not have recognized them. What effect/emotion are you going for here? I'm not sure I get it. Maybe something closer and on one chair only would work better?

If you didn't mention they were chairs I would not have recognized them. What effect/emotion are you going for here? I'm not sure I get it. Maybe something closer and on one chair only would work better?

it was an abandoned place, i was kind of going for.. a static, empty feeling, but still with the vibrancy that was there once

I agree... I think it might have more *bang* if you shot it from a lower angle, looking up at the chairs. I'd also move off center to give one of the chairs a bit more emphasis over the other.

Love the red of the chairs :)

what purpose do you think giving one of the chairs more emphasis would hold? one is not more important than the other... im only asking to open dialouge i guess. personally, i like the static, yet.... balanced (?) composition in relation to the vibrant colors and i think i like the... horizontal lines but i also know theres a sort of attatchment between myself and my art and so i might not be seeing things that everyone else sees

(this isnt me being defensive, just asking questions i suppose.)

dangerwoman, I think it is just personal preference... and I know my own personal preferences change depending on what day of the week it is! But in general, my personal preference would be that if there are two of the same object, I like one to have a little more weight. For a photo with items of equal weight, for me, a photo feels more balanced if it has more than two items. I tend to like odd numbers of things. But again, that's just me, and your perspective is equally valid :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back