Redirected?!?

same here jadin. as soon as the californians wake up...we will get to the bottom of it.

md

Typical, you send someone (MDowdey) an e-mail and they show up as you're typing it.

You owe me some ink mister. :x

:mrgreen:

ferny said:
Typical, you send someone (MDowdey) an e-mail and they show up as you're typing it.

You owe me some ink mister. :x

:mrgreen:

hahaha..sorry bro...i was on earlier and this was happening, but no one was around,i thought it was my computer.

im just sorry that im not sure how to fix it.

md

I think you'd need ftp access. It looks like they've managed to log into the sites ftp and edited the index.php file. I say that because it is only on index.php that you get redirected and from looking at the pages source. It's a two second job to fix. But you'd need ftp access. All you have to do is download the index.php file, look for the offending line in the code (see my post in the off topic forum), delete and re-upload. Providing they haven't changed the passwords for the ftp account.

How did they get ftp access? Is there an old user who knows the password? Could someone who has it sitting on their hdd have been hacked? Could it have been cracked with a tool? Anyone of them. I would have thought they'd have done more to the site than just change the index page though. Still, there could be more to it.

I'm rambling aren't I? :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back