Redneck Wedding Portraits

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just kidding. These do go with the Redneck Bride thread though. The wedding was a blast and had no planning to it (lasted all of maybe 10 min). After this wedding, it almost makes the formal "to dos" seem boring :lol:

p226086387-4.jpg

p452416721-4.jpg

p68815676-4.jpg

p192730966-4.jpg

Thanks :) I love those two. I need to fix the horizon in #4. At 11:30 last night, I didn't really care about horizons after editing over 100 pictures. LOL

I guess I wouldve liked to see the background a bit brighter in 1 and 2. The bright subjects and dark background remind me of those dreaded on-camera flash photos. However, I really do like #2, the expressions look genuine and natural. The exposure on #3 is nice, but they don't look too happy.

The lighting is very nice and even.. I just can't believe how his face is in EXACTLY the same expression in 1 and 2, but she appears to be laughing. How'd he do that?

I guess I wouldve liked to see the background a bit brighter in 1 and 2. The bright subjects and dark background remind me of those dreaded on-camera flash photos. However, I really do like #2, the expressions look genuine and natural. The exposure on #3 is nice, but they don't look too happy.

I can see what you are saying, but I happen to like the background dark to really bring out the subjects. I think the lighting on their faces looks nicer than a built in flash (it was bounced off the porch "ceiling"). And, since it WAS dark outside for the first two pictures, it would have taken quite a light system to lighten it up.

In the third one (taken before the wedding as opposed to after like the first two) I told them to give me a more serious expression. As you can see, she is a little giggle box, so it was hard to do! Go check out the other thread to see her engagement pics if you haven't. She is a total nut. :lol:

Last edited:
The lighting quality is nicer than on camera flash, but what I was saying was that it kind of reminds me of the photos that average people take with a point and shoot, you know the ones I mean, where the subjects are lit but the background is nearly black. But I do agree that the lighting on these is nicer than the classic "deer in the headlights" look.

I guess if it were me, I would've dragged the shutter to bring up the ambient in the first two...maybe within 2/3 to a full stop underexposed from the subjects.

But, that having been said, these are nice pictures and you really did have some good looking models for these. Nice job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back