reduce camera shake for well over one dollar

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was talking to a friend the other day about that string stabilizer, and the conversation evolved into a tele-converter "looking" piece that houses a stabilizer. it could possibly be fabricated to be thinner than a 1.4tc, as no elements would be necessary. this would also mean there would be little to no IQ degradation and no loss of F stop(s).
anyone thought of this yet?
i highly doubt any camera or (third-party) lens manufacturers would produce such a thing - it would probably cause huge profit loss.

as no elements would be necessary.

Then it wouldn't work. For 2 reasons. Depending on exactly how you are going to achieve this.

The first issue is how will you stabilise the image? Proper VR or IS depending on you flavour of camera actuates a lens to compensate the movement of the light in a way that it bends in order to keep the position on the sensor steady during vibration. The lack of lens means you have no control over the light.

Secondly without an element you would lose the infinity focus on your lens because you're moving it further from the film plane.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back