Reflection for C&C...

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a pic of my wife the other evening. I cranked up the exposure in PP for a sort of "high key" pic, I've never really tried it before and was hoping for some tips/suggestions. Thanks for any help you can give.

DSC_0158_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0159_edited-1.jpg

Neat idea! Second image is pretty soft (on the glasses that is). Seems over exposed on both, but that may have been intentional. That has the effect of the girl losing skin tone, she looks almost perfectly white. There's also maybe a tad too much negative space in the first photo.

I was trying to make the reflection the main subject, I'm not for sure if I separated it from the background well enough. I also suppose that the reflection of the building isn't really that interesting/strong.
I was really trying to make the picture more blown out/high key kind of pic, did I not go far enough or too far?

Thanks for the comments!

I was trying to make the reflection the main subject, I'm not for sure if I separated it from the background well enough. I also suppose that the reflection of the building isn't really that interesting/strong.
I was really trying to make the picture more blown out/high key kind of pic, did I not go far enough or too far?

Thanks for the comments!

Proper exposure is pretty subjective, but I would say that it's a bit high key for my taste. I really wish I could see some color in her skin, rather than just white. But like I said, this is just an opinion.

Most reactions

Back