Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got a tripod. Here are some of the first results. C&C Welcome

4159782713_62fa0e39e4_b.jpg

4160536328_4680854fbf_b.jpg

4159781767_2248cceab7_b.jpg

4160535546_1f0d81dd84_b.jpg

I really like this set of pictures, particularly the third and fourth one. It looks like the tripod allowed you to use a slower exposure, which lets the water look softer. In terms of composition I think you could have done a little more experimenting, rather than having the horizon being in the middle, but the pictures a still very good, well done!

Liking the third shot, nice mood and flow in the picture. Almost looks like a painting.

1 and 2 are nice reflections, I just wish you could of isolated the reflection a bit more and not have that piece of tree sticking out from the right side of the frame.

4 I dont get. Well, I get its the reflection of the hole in the clouds, which I guess is something neat, but overall, the rest of the image does nothing for me. Maybe if you had found an area with less city in the background (ie less distraction) and and horizon line more on the bottom third of the frame to accentuate the hole in the clouds... I dunno

I like the first two, the second two lack a focal point.

Seeing the first picture may have shaded my perspective on the others, but it has the most to offer. The part that keeps drawing me back to it is how hard it is to discern where the water-level is on the trees/limbs out in the lake. Shading is inconsistent which is also another "plus" which keeps drawing me into looking.

Thank you for the great feedback. It's funny how everyone liked/disliked different photos.

My intention for the first two was to capture the nearly perfect reflection of the tree in the water. Yes, I do wish that branch on the upper right wasn't there. In #3 I found the reflection of the clouds in the water to be quite dramatic. I tried it with a higher and lower horizon, but this worked the best. Perhaps a single subject in the fore or middle ground would have made it more interesting in a narrative sense, but then it would have been a profoundly different photo.

I'm a little disappointed with #4. I like silvery ripples on the surface of the water, but I think I need a larger DOF to really capture that throughout the image.

I like #3, but found it to be a little flat... I did a quick edit and adjusted the curves and bumped the saturation a bit. I like the painting-like qualities of your photo, and the ripples in the water are interesting.

No3Edit.jpg

Most reactions

Back