Reflector used - should be visible in final photo ?

craige4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newbie and just shot sum photos in studio, now i have used reflector and the pose is like he is laying his hand on the reflector standing and looking straight...

Now in this, is it ok if i keep the reflector visible in the final photo?

THe reflector used is White Thermocol

NOTE: This photo is for my portfolio and if i cut the reflector his hands are chopping off !
Also Sum1 told me if i make visible reflector in the photo it will make me luk more of a professional rather than newbie

Spelling word correctly will also make you look more professional. ;)

Having any of the lighting equipment in the photos is almost always a no-no. I would certainly not include a photos like that in a portfolio.

well, if the image should transport the idea of being taken in a studio .. then show the reflector.

if not, reshoot, since cutting the hand off does probably not realy do good to the image.

however, it would be easier to judge if we could see the image.

Spelling word correctly will also make you look more professional. ;)

Having any of the lighting equipment in the photos is almost always a no-no. I would certainly not include a photos like that in a portfolio.

well, photographic gears can be used as a sort of props ... it just has to look as if it was not in the image by accident, but wanted there.

I think we really need to see the image.

Well if it's a prop, which can be anything, then it's OK. If it's a part of the lighting, then it's probably not. If it's a piece of the lighting gear that just happened to be used as a prop, that might be OK but will probably look like a mistake. Yes, seeing the image would certainly help.

This is your shot, right?

uioca1.th.jpg

You should be able to be the judge of something like this.

This should be a personal choice. I have seen some great photos from a local amature here where his girlfriend was actually hugging the reflector over the front part of her body which was illuminating her face.

I think the horrible strangely coloured rectangular area is way more distracting than any reflector could ever be :lmao:

where did you find a 28'' x 28'' pink construction paper ? I want one

Most reactions

Back